Monday, September 10, 2012

Well, It's About Time...

Hey there, hive.  It's certainly been a while since I dropped in.  In fact, it's been so long, that I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a single reader who actually remembered me or my wedding.

Why is that? Because believe it or not, over the weekend, Mr Corn and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary.  Yup...way back in 2007, before photo booths, cupcake towers and heavily customized themes were even a trend; back when there'd only been 5 generations of bees; before the WB boards were ever in existence(!) - I planned my DIY heavy, Coastal New England wedding on the water at a historic fort complete with winery rehearsal party, Revolutionary War reenactors, gale force windan authentic Revere Cannon salute and a tradition clambake reception with LOBSTAH!!




Since our 09-08-07 wedding, we welcomed our little 'kernel', Garrison, on 07-08-09...


...who's now a very grown up 3 year old who just started pre-school!!

Then, last fall, we added another addition to the cob, Clarinda, on 10-27-11.  We call her Ladybug...


...and already she's a fast-moving 10-month old!!

And while I've contributed many things to the hive since our 09-08-07 wedding - including a retrospective on what I was glad we did and what I wished we had done better for the big day, and participated in several of the ongoing series, including The Randomizer, The Best of Weddingbee and The Secret Lives of Bees; one thing I've never done is officially say goodbye.

So as I look around my life and realize the insane impact Weddingbee has had on my life, from being fired for blogging to being part of an amazing community that picked me up by my bootstraps and continues to support me today, I realize that I'll never truly leave this place.  But I am signing off as a regular contributor (yes, I'm aware that's a moot point since I haven't actually contributed a post in 9 months). But in any case, it is time to say goodbye.

So to that end, I would love to encourage you to check out my personal blog, Other Pieces of Me, where I write about those two cuties above as well as share other fun anecdotes about our lives and occasionally I even give away stuff.  Additionally, you can find me on the internet as a writer for FLOR's design blog, Musings.  And lastly, you can always find me getting creative on my business blog for my custom invitation and announcement business, LimoncelloSTYLE.

It has been a great ride, hive.  Thanks so much for always bee-ing there for me.

Much love to all,

Miriam aka Mrs Corn

No comments: