Monday, February 25, 2008

And now back to Corn reporting to us not-so-live...

...from the wedding event at Paper-Source.


We were all exhausted from our crafting-gone-wild experiment, making our lovely, embossed take-out boxes. Luckily, I can smell wedding cake from a mile away and I was able to focus our energies on getting to the other side of the store where there was a cake tasting!

The owner of Athan's Bakery in Brookline, MA was offering up samples of their totally divine, white chocolate wedding cake. I am an absolute sucker for white chocolate, which is essentially sugar and butter, so I was giddy with excitement to get a piece of this cake.

The outside of this cake was all white chocolate shavings piled on a white chocolate buttercream frosting. The cake had moist, delicious layers of chocolaty, mocha and raspberry goodness. I could have died right there on the floor and been happy. It seriously was a phenomenal cake.

As Toucan and I were having our cake and eating it too, Ted Clausen, a calligrapher, was setting up shop at a bench next to us. He had just arrived so we watched him warm up. Ladies, can I tell you that his 'warming up' examples were by far some of the prettiest things I had ever seen come from a pen?!



It honestly was mesmerizing to watch him write names on paper!

Don't be frightened Mr Calligraphy man...Toucan won't hurt you...uh...and neither will the cake guy ;)

Have you been to a Paper-Source wedding event? How was your experience? Any vendors you would like to share with us?

No comments: