Friday, February 1, 2008

looking back...

It has been forever since our wedding but I never got around to sharing with you all what about the day I would do again, and what about the day I would do over.

I'm going to start with the former for this post.


Mr Corn and I were married in Newport, RI, which is 90 minutes away from our home in Boston. It was apparent that we would not be able to get ready at our house so eventually, we ended up renting a condo for my bridesmaids and I to stay in/get ready in. (We kicked the ladies out for our wedding night though ;))

The condo was bright and airy and perfect for getting ready. And, considering the cost of hotel rooms in the area 'in-season' it was financially a better deal!



The only issue was that there was no full length mirror in the place. So, what's a girl to do, but rent one! I got mine from a "large scale event decor" company in Boston called, Party By Design, they also do small prop rentals.** They serve the greater Boston area, but you can certainly search for prop rental places in your area...or speak with your florist and see if they have any resources.

I am so very, very glad that I did this, because if I hadn't, there would have been no way for me to see myself in my dress the day of my wedding!! Believe me, I get it, there are a bazillion things that always seem to pop up when you are planning a wedding that make you think, "really, now I have to think about THAT!?", but I truly think that it is worth at least a moment of thought in the planning process to figure out if seeing yourself on your wedding day is a priority for you and if it is, making it happen.

* All pictures by Kate Whitney Lucey.

**This is the only one of my vendors that I had a personal relationship with. I used to work for Party By Design. But they fired me, so you know that I am only passing along their information because they truly are a great resource.

No comments: