Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Looking Back, continued...

This FINAL installment of my 'Looking Back' series* focuses on one of the details about our wedding that we are both very glad about: we had a day off before leaving for our honeymoon.

Mr Corn and I were both super excited about our two week honeymoon in Italy; especially after a year of planning; a week of last minute details; and the most fun, yet incredibly intense, day of our lives.

Thankfully, we booked our honeymoon to leave on Monday which gave us a day to get back from Newport, RI to our home in Boston; pack for the trip; open all of our gifts; and work with US Airways on correcting my ticket as Mr Corn forgot to check that my ticket for our honeymoon flights had arrived as well as his when they were sent to us months before the wedding. :)

That extra day was well. worth. it. and I highly, highly suggest giving yourselves that extra time to veg out!

So that's it. Nine months after our wedding, and I can still only come up with five ridiculously small, only moderately meaningful, things that I would have done differently.

I think the main lesson in all of this looking back is that it is most important to focus on the fact that you are getting married to the person that you have chosen to commit yourself to for the rest of your lives. Even if it isn't exactly perfect, even if you have to step on toes, even if you accidentally put a hyphen in the wrong place on the delicately cut menus that match your bridesmaids sashes that are made from the same fabric as your Mother's...at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you are married.


Best of luck to all of you!!

--Mrs Corn


-----
*Previously in this series...

I'm so glad I did this:
renting a full length mirror
setting my DIY deadline for a week out from the wedding
making arrangements for my disabled father so he could participate
having an 'open-door policy' at the site where I got ready
going a little overboard with the theme


I wish I could fix this:
being too proud to start a few minutes late
not testing all of the directions before sending them out
forgetting to pause before rushing down the aisle
handling the cake cutting logistics


succumbing to pressure and tossing my flowers

No comments: