Monday, November 5, 2007

Getting ready pro-pics

The flowers arrived soon after my veil was on. Since I hadn't given the florist an incredible amount of 'vision' I really didn't know exactly what to expect. I was so happy when they were delivered and were so very, very beautiful.

Taking one last moment to breathe before getting into the dress...you can see a half-finished margarita in the background and the Sketchers box was for my in-case-my-shoes-start-to-kill-me-during-the-reception back-up flip-flops.

The obligatory shoe shot...I wish I had taken out the foot petals before this was taken. Incidentally, the foot petals worked fairly well at keeping my feet comfy...but the Insolias saved my night!!


Ok...so I KNOW you are supposed to wear a button down shirt when you are getting ready for your wedding so that you don't have to take your shirt over your head but I had other plans. I worked at Disney in entertainment for four years after college and the v-neck T is a staple for any role that requires makeup and/or wigs. I HAD to wear my ratty, old, threadbare shirt for getting ready for my wedding day, and when it was time to take it off, I just had my bridesmaid, Kristy, cut it off me. It was actually bittersweet, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

So this picture really makes me laugh, because I never realized how complex it would be to get me in my dress until this moment. Since my hair and makeup was done and the veil was on, I couldn't dive into the dress. But if I had my crinoline on, I couldn't step into the dress either. So we took the crinoline off and I stepped into the dress. Then I held the dress up while my bridesmaids helped me step into the crinoline. Then they held the dress while my mom fastened the crinoline. Finally they let go of the dress while my mom laced me up! It is a wonder I wasn't exhausted after all that!!

My mom was in charge of lacing me up...she did a great job!



This was the last time that my dress was laced so loosely. I lost a bit of weight just before the wedding and my dress already fit perfectly. I noticed that whenever I walked around, my dress would shift and fall a bit and my bra could be seen!! Rather than have that happen while walking down the aisle, I had my mom cinch the dress as tightly as she could as soon as we got to the Fort. It meant having some 'bat-wing' overhang, but at least I didn't walk down the aisle with my bra showing!

My MOH, Sara, was kind enough to put my shoes on for me.


This is the first time I was getting to see the 'whole package'. I actually rented the mirror from Party by Design, a large-scale event production company in Boston that also does rentals. I knew the condo didn't have a full length mirror, so I am glad that I had the foresight to rent a mirror!!

I scheduled some extra time for us to take some pictures of the bridesmaids and I walking down Thames Street in Newport. I am really glad I did that because I loved getting to walk down the street and be a bride!!



This is my favorite picture of the bunch on Thames Street. Just before this shot was taken, I saw my reflection in the window and my immediate reaction was "ooooh, look! A bride!"

Soon after this shot, we headed out to the Fort!

No comments: