Monday, November 12, 2007

Reception - Pro Pics

As always, I give MAJOR, MAJOR credit to Kate Whitney Lucey for my awesome, awesome pro-pics!

Previously:
Getting Ready Pro-Pics
The Ceremony Pro-Pics
Bride and Groom/Clambake Pro-Pics

Now on to the Reception pics!

Waiting to be introduced...

We headed straight to the dance floor for our first dance.


Getting those dancing lessons was a great decision; we looked like we knew what we were doing, without having an overly choreographed number.


My lovley MOH, Sara, and Turner, Mr Corn's brother gave beautiful, beautiful toasts!



I love this shot of our reception...everyone really loved the lobster!

One thing I wish I had been prepared for when cutting the cake was that we didn't have a plate and/or forks to feed each other with. Normally, the thought of feeding someone by hand really grosses me out, but since I was so engrossed with the process of the wedding, it didn't dawn on me that we had another option until after the moment was over.


Dancing with my dad was amazing. My father is handicapped and can not walk/stand for anything more than a couple of minutes. He specifically requested Butterfly Kisses (the cheesiest, and LONGEST song on the planet) back when I was in college and I had to oblige. Thankfully, I was able to work with the band to shorten the recording and in the end, when he got tired, he just sat on his walker. It was a very, very special moment and I really owe how smooth it all went to our fabulous, fabulous band!


After Mr Corn's dance with his mom, to "What a Wonderful World", I danced with his dad while he danced with my mom to "Somewhere, Beyond the Sea". I thought maybe our guests would get bored with all that dancing, but in the end it was a special moment that I am glad we incorporated.



For some reason, I had it in my head that I HAD to toss my bouquet...I mean, I have seen it done at 99% of the weddings I have been to since I was a kid. While in the process of doing it, I felt like it was really breaking up the flow of the evening and I was wishing I hadn't done it at all...but now that it is a couple of months later, I actually don't care either way :)


Our band was phenomenal and they really got the crowd rockin!



Soon it was time for our amazing evening to end. Thankfully, our photographer caught a few more shots of Mr Corn and I before we headed out.

No comments: