Monday, September 3, 2007

Organizing the tables

Ok, so I realize that this has the potential for being the most boring post ever, but I felt it was important to share how I organized our tables so that our Day of Event Coordinator could figure out who was supposed to sit where.

If you recall, we have two different favors that we are giving out and they are to go on the place setting at the table as part of the table decor. This added another element that I needed to manage since I won't be there setting up, so the following is how I ended up organizing it.

Each of the 13 envelopes above is for a specific table at our reception. I took the table layout that the tent people sent to me and copied it into Visio, but you could use PowerPoint. Then I added the numbers to the middle of the tables and below that I added each table's name, and how many people are seated at the table.

Each envelope has the corresponding table highlighted so that when you look at the envelope, you know which table's information is included inside.

On the back of each envelope is a print out of who is sitting at the table, from the seating arranger on the Bed, Bath and Beyond website. I also added in who was getting which favor next to each person by putting an 's' for Salt and an 'o' for Ornament. Lastly, I marked where the dance floor was in relation to that particular table so that there was a reference for where around the table each person is supposed to be.

Inside each envelope is the corresponding table name tent and menu tent as well as an envelope with the table's place cards in it.

The place cards are 4" x 3.6" so that when they are folded they are 2" x 3.6"

Here's a shot of one of the place cards standing alongside the back-side of the other place cards. I also marked each one with an 's' or an 'o' so that once the cards are on the table, they can be used as a reference for which favor should go at which place setting.


It is all out of my hands now. Hopefully, my Day-of coordinator will be able to take all this information and use it well.

No comments: