Friday, May 16, 2008

Looking back, continued...

This installment of my 'Looking Back' series * focuses on one of the details about my big day that I am incredibly thankful for:

I am so very, very happy that I planned to have all of my planning DONE the weekend before our wedding.

If you recall, I had quite a lot of DIY elements to my wedding:

Now, normally, I can procrastinate with the best of them, but during the planning process, I constantly reminded myself that I didn't want to be running around all stressed out the week before my wedding. And it worked! I also managed to do all of my projects with the Saturday before my wedding as the due date. By keeping that date in my head as the complete last moment that I could get anything done, I was able to take the week before the wedding and relax. How many brides get to say that?!

So I encourage all of you to look at the calendar and figure out what date needs to be your cut off date and stick-to-it! It really made such a difference on my stress levels on the actual day of my wedding.
-----

*Previously in this series...

I'm so glad I did this:
renting a full length mirror


I wish I could fix this:
being too proud to start a few minutes late

No comments: