Friday, July 13, 2007

The best money we have spent thusfar...

Seeing Miss Peppermint's post the other day reminded me that I wanted to write this...

I used to be an event planner for a company that produced conferences for the pharmaceutical and international and domestic energy industries. Since then, I have worked for a large scale event production company and for a large firm planning very elaborate meetings and functions with complicated details and complex time lines. Before Mr Corn and I were even engaged I knew one thing: I wanted to hire a coordinator for our wedding.

The only issue was that I knew we couldn't afford a coordinator. Or at least, I thought we couldn't.

I am not exactly sure how I did not know of the concept of a Day of Event Coordinator with all of the event coordination jobs I have held in the past, but it wasn't until I looked up the cost of wedding coordination one day on a whim that I realized there was such a thing as a DOC. Once I knew THAT was an option I started to feel hopeful. Shortly after Mr Corn proposed I brought up my request to him that we not skimp on two things for our wedding budget; photography nd a Day of Event Coordinator. Thankfully, he agreed!

After doing some research online on everything from services offered, to price, to companies, I found Colleen at Classic Weddings. Here are two of her packages:

Five Star Classic Package:
***** The Five Star Classic package is created to handle every aspect of your special day. This package is perfect for the overworked and overstressed couple of today. Let us attend to all the little details while you relax and enjoy your engagement. Classic Weddings will be by your side from start to finish and make sure you have a smile on your face when you leave for your honeymoon.The Five Star Classic Package covers all details pertaining to:

* Budget* Rehearsal Dinner/Ceremony/Reception
* Vendors
* Guestlist
* Itineraries/Timelines/Checklists
* Etiquette
** also includes Progress Meetings and Complete Wedding Day management

Four Star Classic Package:
**** The Four Star Classic package is available for the bride & groom who want to do some of their own planning but still want a professional working closely with them.The Four Star Classic Package covers details pertaining to:

* Budget
* Rehearsal Dinner/Ceremony/Reception
* Limited Vendor Assistance
* Guestlist
* Itineraries/Timelines/Checklists
* Etiquette
**also includes Progress Meetings and Complete Wedding Day management


Mr Corn and I decided to go with the Three Star Classic Package.

*** The Three Star Classic package is uniquely created for the take charge bride and groom. This package is for the couple who has done all the planning but want a professional to take over the rehearsal dinner and the wedding day. The Three Star Classic Package covers:
* Complete Rehearsal Dinner Management
* Complete Wedding Day Management**

One of the main reasons we decided to go with Classic Weddings was because they will work with us on a non-hourly basis. Which means if I need my coordinator to come to the salon at 6:30am and stay with me until after the last package at the wedding has been packed up, she will. This way, we don't have worry about being 1/2 way through the processional and running out of time in our four hour, five hour or 6 hour agreement and having to stress over whether or not to extend the service provided right there on the spot.

My mom and I met with Colleen early during the wedding planning process and had a great time with her. She really seemed to care about our wedding and has since continued to touch base with us regularly and take a genuine interest in how the plans are coming along.

I absolutely can not wait to have our next official meeting, a few weeks out from the wedding, where I get to 'hand-off' everything we have been working on. Even though Day of Event coordination seemed like such a luxury item, having the peace of mind on our wedding day that we can just enjoy everything and have our only duty be being a bride and groom is priceless to us and I am so very, very glad we decided to hire someone.


** -----All packages are flexible and pricing will be based on level of detail-----

No comments: