Monday, July 23, 2007

La Dolce Vita

Way before we were engaged, Mr Corn and I had a random conversation while on a road trip about where our ideal honeymoon would be. I said that I was torn because on the one hand, I knew I would want to just veg out in the sun somewhere…but on the other hand, I would quickly get bored with that and would want to do something interesting and exploratory. I couldn’t decide between laying out on a Caribbean beach or going to Europe.

When it came time to plan our honeymoon, I left it in his hands. And boy has he come up with something amazing!! We will fly to Naples on the Monday after the wedding and arrive Tuesday morning. We start our honeymoon with three days on the isle of Capri at the JW Marriott…to do nothing other than veg out in the sun :). Then we will take the train to Rome and explore the city for a few days. We will then rent a car and drive through Tuscany stopping somewhere between Rome and Florence at an as-yet-to-be-determined bed and breakfast…most likely we will just stay at any random place we happen to find along the way. Finally, after a couple of days in Florence, we will take the train to Venice for three days before heading back to the states.

We are using Mr Corn’s many, many frequent flyer miles and hotel points for most of our stay, but Mr Corn just sent me a link to a video about the hotel where we will stay in Venice, Hotel San Moisè. The link and some pictures from the website are below. All this time I have been focused on the wedding, and I almost completely forgot to be excited about the very cool vacation we get to take afterwards. I am now officially excited!!


Hotel San Moisè
The hotel faces the Canal San Moisè and is just a few steps away from the prestigious Via XXII Marzo with the more important boutiques of the city. Saint Mark's Square is just a few minutes' walk. Entering under the Napoleonic wing, the breathtaking sight of the most beautiful drawing room in the world unfolds.The Gran Teatro La Fenice, rebuilt with its ancient splendor, is just a few minutes away from the hotel.






Click here to see the video.

No comments: