Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Another thing of the list

So I haven't been blogging as much recently because I have been very busy making the programs for the wedding. What seemed to be a simple task ended up being way too complex, all because I wanted a square program that was 6"x6".

To achieve this, I purchased Paper-Source's Luxe Cream 12x12 card stock for the covers and cut them in half to create 12x6 sections. For the center piece, I wanted to use paper that wasn't as thick as card stock but unfortunately, I had a hell of a time trying to find 12x12 paper that wasn't card stock and yet was still good quality. In the end, I purchased a whole bunch of extra-large drawing sheets and cut them all down to 12x6.

Then I created the program file in Word and printed them all out on our HP Photosmart c4100 printer. After printing them all, I had to score and fold them...then I stamped the hydrangea on the front and embossed our monogram on the back.





The only thing left to do is tie ribbon around the middles of these to hold them together. I think I will punch small holes in the center and tie the ribbon around that. It seems if I just make a ribbon loop for around the center it doesn't stay in place. I also have small charms to put around the base of the ribbon, but I am starting to think that they will detract from the basic design of the program.

I still have the Word file. If any of you are interested, email me and I will forward you the file so you don't have to recreate the wheel.

No comments: