Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wicked good cake

The only cake Mr. Corn likes is Angel Food cake with enough fluffly white frosting on it to crush it, so for a long time I thought I was going to bite the bullet and try to make a cake for him for the wedding. Thankfully, that idea passed and we have selected a wonderful baker in Pawtucket area of Rhode Island.

I found Jennifer Luxmoore of Sin Desserts through an ad on The Knot and I am so glad I found her. When Mr Corn and I had our tasting, her cake was so good, Mister-I-only-like-Vanilla and I actually decided on a Chocolate Bourbon cake, which by the way is to. die. for. Here are some pics of cakes she has done that we are using as inspiration:

*

**

We are probably going to do a combination of the two cakes above. The three layers will be sqare. The icing will be white and there will be a thinner layout of scrollwork in blue around the layers. In addition, we will have our mongram in blue on the middle layer.

Here are some other wonderful cakes she has made...

***

These cupcakes work double duty as the dessert AND a centerpiece...how thrifty, not to mention super cute!!

Yummy cupcakes in bridal colors along with one layer for slicing .


A fun cake in fondant...
Mr Corn and I were thinking of going with a cake like this, but we decided that it was too far over the 'beachy line' for our New England Coastal theme.

Although we haven't had the wedding yet, and therefore my final review is yet to be determined, I HIGHLY recommend Jennifer. When we met with her for our tasting, she was so very nice and she even tried her best to accommodate my earlier request of an angel food cake; coming up with flavors for us to try that were similar. Her portfolio is beautiful and her home, where she holds meetings, is eclectic, warm and inviting.

She also offered us a $25 coupon that we could use for the top layer of the cake, a grooms cake, or a special cake to be made next year on our anniversary (so you get to eat your cake sans freezer burn).

If you are in the New England area and looking for a cake maker, please don't hesitate to look her up.

Jennifer Luxmoore
Sin Desserts
http://www.eatwicked.com/
401-369-8427

-----------

all photos by Coryndon Luxmoore except *A Labonte, **Julie Altenhoff and ***Brian Hull

No comments: