Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oh my goodness I have been super busy of late (go figure).

Summer is the busiest time of year for my team at work since that is when the most new hires come in. Not only are there the regular-'ole off-the-street new hires, but there are also around 1,500 interns and 1,400 full time campus hires that start between mid-June and the second week of September (which just happens to be when I am getting married). So not only do I have all of the wedding preparations keeping busy, but I am dealing with the enormity of preparing to leave my job for three weeks during the end of our busiest time of year.

Coming up on the schedule:

Friday 8/17 - my second bachelorette function (going out to drinks with some friends)
Saturday 8/18 - I leave super early in the morning for a trip to Florida for work
Friday 8/24 - I get back to Boston about an hour after my mom lands in Boston for a weekend visit. We are going to work on centerpieces, votives and ceremony programs until 2:00 when Mr Corn and I have an appointment with an interior designer to look at our living room and dining room.
Saturday 8/25 - more program, centerpiece and votive work with a brief intermission for a final dress fitting
Sunday 8/26 - Eyebrow shaping and a facial with my make-up artist followed by a meeting with the clam-bake people and my day-of-event coordinator to pick hors d'oeuvres and go over the table settings...followed by a meeting with the fort site-coordinator and my day-of-event coordinator to go over those logistics...followed by our last dance lesson.
Monday - Thursday, 8/27-30 - my last week at work to prep for the time I will be away
Friday 8/31 - Mr Corn and I head to Newport to get our Marriage license!!
Monday 9/3 - my sister and nephew arrive in Boston
Tuesday 9/4 - we all get to hang out in Boston...go on a train, go to the aquarium, etc.
Wednesday 9/5 - do what ever last minute things need to be done and try to relax
Thursday 9/6 - manicures, pedicures and lunch on Newbury Street with my mom and sister; followed by a BBQ for friends and family that night
Friday 9/7 - leave for Newport in the morning; rehearsal at 3:00 at the fort, rehearsal dinner at 4:30 at the Moorings and rehearsal party at 6:00 at Newport Vineyards
Saturday 9/8 - WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday 9/9 - head back to Boston and drop off stuff to vendors
Monday 9/10 - Sunday 9/23 - ITALY!!!

That should be enough to keep me busy for a while :)

No comments: