Friday, August 17, 2007

I love Zappos!!

Can I just tell you how amazing it is to me to order a pair of shoes online at 10 minutes to 4:00pm on a Thursday and have them in my hand at 10:00am on Friday morning??!!

The search for my wedding shoes was long and arduous. I am 5'11" tall and Mr Corn is 6' and maybe a 1/2 inch tall. My feet feel much better in a heel than in flats because my arch tends to not support itself in a flat and then my knees hurt. So I knew I wanted a heel, but I didn't want to tower over Mr. Corn and I didn't want to sink into the grass either (cancelling out all those super cute kitten heel shoes.

FINALLY, after a very long search, I found the perfect shoe at DSW shoe warehouse for $32 here in Boston. I'll have to take a picture of them but for now, they look similar to the ones below, except they have a 2.5" heel, are champagne in color and have rhinestones on the front strap.

I LOVE my wedding shoes, but I am concerned that after a full day in them, my feet are not going to be in a dancing-type mood, so I thought perhaps I should bring along something more comfortable that I could change into during the reception. Of course, since my dress is altered to the length of my wedding shoes, that meant I couldn't just bring any-old pair of comfy shoes; I don't want my dress draggin' on the floor! So I found myself for the first time in my LIFE searching for a pair of platform flip flops!!

Thankfully, I found these on Zappos! AND they are the same exact color as my regular wedding shoes. What a hoot!

Are any of you planning on wearing a different shoe for part of the evening?

No comments: