Friday, August 17, 2007

My newest obsession

I lived in Florida for five years right out of college. Down there, if even the slightest disturbance in the air shoots itself off the African coast, they track it incessantly.

Even though I am not in Florida anymore, I have been obsessively checking the hurricane reports on Weather.com. Why? Because if a storm decides to head up the coast, although it may not be a hurricane when it hits Rhode Island, it sure can mean a lot of rain. And I know I can't control the weather, but I can do my best to control everything around it, and awareness is the first step.

Upcoming names for Atlantic storms: Felix, Gabrielle, Humberto, Ingrid, Jerry and Karen. You know they'll form, it's just a matter of figuring out which one it will be. Personally, I think it would be humorous if it was Hurricane Karen, considering that is my future MIL's name :) (Which is a joke...I really do love my future MIL and she is in no way, shape or form resembles a hurricane).

What about you? Have you found yourself obsessing over the weather?

No comments: