Sunday, August 26, 2007

Update

Mama Corn is here this weekend helping me with the last of the things that need to get done. Yesterday morning was my final dress fitting. My Boston bridesmaid came along to record exactly how to string up the back and do the bustle so that there is more than one person who knows how to do it. The dress is now pressed and hanging from ceiling on our third floor. Turns out I am so tall, the dress doesn't fit in the bag without bunching up at the bottom :) so it is out of the bag and we have sealed off the room. Mr Corn is on strict orders to stay away from the third floor.

Yesterday afternoon my mom made all 60 votives for the reception tables while I finished making the centerpieces. (We wrapped the sea grass in paper so that it wouldn't spread out and get tangled en-route to Newport).


It was GOD AWFUL hot out and we live in a 104 year old house with no air conditioning, so it was pretty miserable and very sweatshop-esque. Thankfully, I was able check the weather in Newport and realize that even though it was 95 with a 102 'feels like' in Boston, it was only 80 with an 84 'feels like' in Newport. It didn't help cool us down much, but it did make me feel better about having my bridesmaids wear cashmere sweaters in only 2 weeks. :)

This morning I am getting a facial with Mary, my makeup lady. She will also do my eyebrows today and do one final makeup mini-trial so we can see if we can make my eyes look bigger. We will spend the rest of the day tying ribbons on the programs until my final dance lesson with Mr. Corn tonight.

Tomorrow is my big meeting with the Caterer and Colleen, my DOC to go over final logistics and and off all my stuff. I'll let you know how that goes, since I have no idea what to expect.

Through it all, I am trying to keep myself grounded and appreciative of the moments. The wedding is only one day, so I am trying to soak up these last days of planning as much as I can.

I know there are a few of us getting married on the 8th...how are you all holding up?

No comments: