Thursday, June 28, 2007

DIY Cake Topper

The daughter of an internet friend of mine's wedding was this past weekend. My internet friend is pretty crafty so she made the cake topper. I absolutely LOVE the idea and I never realized until now that it could be such an attainable DIY project. (A description of how she made it is below. )






"The base is a wooden oval from Lowes that I spray painted white. The figures, grass, and flowers are made from polymer clay.

"I began with aluminum foil over wire armatures, then covered it with Super Sculpy for the first baking. (I left wire extending from the feet so that I could attach them later to the base with a staple gun.)

"I added colored sculpy for the suit, dress, hat, hair, etc., then baked again. (A pasta press will make the clay flat to use to cover the plain sculpy). I attached them to the base, and baked again. Then I added the grass, flowers, and his arm around her shoulder and baked again. Lastly, I glued on the pearls."

No comments: