Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Out of my hands

For most of the beginning of the wedding planning process, I figured I would just buy a bunch of hydrangeas from Costco, slap them together the day before and call it a wedding.
But I have started having doubts about my ability to do all the flowers in the days before the wedding and I can’t seem to find ANY feedback on the Costco flowers. I mentioned this to a colleague of mine who is also getting married in September and she said that I should give her florist a ring.

Apparently my colleague is the last of 6 or 7 of her friends to get married in the Rhode Island area and they all have used the same florist, Jeremy at Check the Florist in Providence, RI. My colleague kept telling me how reasonable he was and what a great job he had done in every wedding she had seen.

So I called him up…and he was so, so nice, so we set a date to meet and go over what my needs are. I explained that I was thinking of just getting my bouquet done and then ordering the rest of the flowers from Costco and he said that he would match the price of the heads for me.

Mr Corn and I aren’t using flowers for the centerpieces, so we really have saved there. I really only needed bouquets for me and my bridesmaids, something special for my mom (who if she is reading this should erase that from her memory), boutonnieres for the three guys and some heads for cones that we are hanging from the chairs on the aisles for the ceremony.

I am so. glad. to have that off my plate. And really, to be honest, I just don’t actually care that much about the flowers, so he could give us anything and I will be happy.

No comments: