Saturday, June 30, 2007

I need help

My mom helped me make these cards for the wish tree when she was here a few weekends ago. Basically we trimmed the corners off of a few packs of Paper-Source expressions tags, punched holes in them and then tied ribbons on them. The square glass jar I found at the Container Store for about $7.
Here, again for your reference, is the tree I plan on using for the guests to hang the wishes from:
I plan on making a sign in similar style to the table number signs below to put next to the tree to encourage people to participate.

But I need help figuring out what to say on the sign that gets it across to my guests that this is also my guest book and the one and only place to sign if they are planning on doing so. All I can come up with is this (totally stolen from a picture I saw on a knottie bio):

Wish Tree

We invite you to send a special wish to Mrs Corn and Mr Corn as they begin their life together and hang it on their wish tree.

(please don’t forget to sign your name!)

Or perhaps...

Guest Book Wish Tree

Please send a special wish to 'Mrs Corn' and 'Mr Corn' as they begin their life together and hang it on the wish tree.

Don't forget to sign your name!!

Or if I really want to go nuts I could just lay it all out:

Yet another attempt at making our wedding unique

Sign your name on one of these slips of paper and then hang it on the tree. Preferably, we would like you to include words of wisdom or advice for the newly weds. Lastly, please be as creative as possible. Sketches, drawings and unique handwriting styles are especially appreciated.

EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS...IT IS THE GUESTBOOK!! I know you can figure this out, people. Just do it.

Kidding, Bee readers; I am kidding. :)

No comments: