Friday, June 15, 2007

Shower Favors

I wanted to post about the favors as soon as possible because I think they were amazing!!

One of my bridesmaids ordered chocolate shells from Chatham Candy Manor, a candy company on the Cape. I have seen chocolate shell favors before, and I liked them, but I thought they looked a bit too 'tropical beachy' as opposed to 'New England Coast like' for my wedding. These favors kicked all my preconceptions about chocolate shells out of the water. Uh...Pun not intended (although that is why they call me Miss Corn...snicker snicker...) .

Each person at the shower received a little clear plastic box wrapped in a gauzy cream bow. Inside the box were chocolate shells, chocolate multi-colored rocks and (here's the kicker) sugar-in-the-raw 'sand'. Since the 'sand' is tan colored, it really made the whole thing look very New England.

As the bride, I got my very own box of candy. It was a bit larger, but was still in a clear box with the same ribbon. Mine was a chocolate clam bake!! It had a chocolate lobster, dark chocolate fish, chocolate crab, chocolate shell and a white chocolate cob of corn!!

I loved these so much I am actually thinking of stealing the idea for my out-of-town bags. I made sure to take lots of pictures of the favors so you can see them. The website can be found here: www.candymanor.com.





No comments: