Thursday, June 21, 2007

Final make-up decision

Having to choose between Mary at Studio 505 and Jennifer at Wedding Tresses was very difficult.

Mary was considerably out of my price range, but I loved how at ease she made me feel and I really liked how natural the make-up looked; however I thought my eyes were a little dark and small.


Jennifer at Wedding Tresses was also incredibly nice and she made my eyes do things that I didn’t even know were possible; by the time she was done they were huge, and she gave me that ‘ethereal bridal’ look that is so popular now. But I somehow felt like a clown with all the make-up on and even after 4 different applications of lipstick, she still hadn’t figured out what I meant by a nude lip.

I mulled over the decision for quite a while, but in the end, I decided to go with Mary. I knew if I asked her to, she could also make my eyes look a bit bigger and less dark. I also highly appreciated her professionalism and customer service.

Additionally, just out of coincidence, after each trial I had to go into a public venue to do something specific. After my trial with Mary, I didn’t think anything of the fact that I was wearing make-up when I walked into a crowded restaurant but after my trial with Jennifer I was mildly embarrassed to go into the mall because of all the make-up I had on.

Lastly, Mr Corn had a chance to see both in person and his quote from when I came back from Wedding Tresses was “it’s pretty…but you don’t look like you”.

No comments: