Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles. ~Sonja Henie

I have to admit, one of the last things on my mind when I started planning the wedding was jewelry. I don't normally wear a lot of jewelry, so I had no idea where to even start the process of looking. I didn't know what I liked. I didn't know what would look good. I didn't know what any of the trends were.

Luckily, on a trip to Saratoga Springs, NY with Mr Corn I happened upon an independent jewelry gallery called Silverado. Here is a description I found of the store online:

Silverado Jewelry Gallery offers an eclectic selection of fine handcrafted silver and gold jewelry from over 40 designers from around the world. From pearls to unique semi-precious stones, to stainless steel with diamonds, you are sure to find the perfect piece here.
While there, I saw a gorgeous fresh-water pear necklace. The pearls were spread out on the 'chain' which was white thread. I didn't know anything about whether it was a good wedding necklace other than I really liked it. But I left it at the store, thinking that maybe I should wait until I saw my dress again. The woman who was helping me took the necklace in the back and made a photocopy of it so that I could bring it with me in case I changed my mind.

For four months I have had that photocopy at the side of my bed just wishing I had bought the necklace.

A couple of weekends ago, Mr Corn and I headed back to Saratoga for graduation weekend and this time I made a beeline for the store; I knew even without having tried on my dress again that I wanted that necklaced. When I got there, I told someone about the piece, but it was no longer there. I was so disappointed because I knew it was a one of a kind piece. Well, the same woman who had helped me before recognised me and said 'hold on' and went into the back and came out with the necklace!! She had seen it in the back earlier that day and thought about me!

This was four months later, people!! She said she just knew it was perfect for me! Then she brought out a pair of beautiful fresh-water pearl earrings that complemented the necklace perfectly.

By the time I left, I had a necklace, two pairs of earrings and a gorgeous bracelet that all went perfectly with the beading on my dress.

If you are in the Saratoga, NY area I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend checking out Silverado Jewelry Gallery. The pieces they have there are beautiful and the customer service is out of this world! And I have to say I recommend looking everywhere for something special, you never know what you will find even in little stores that don't specialize in wedding jewelry. Lastly, if your gut tells you it's the right piece for you, get it...don't leave it at the store!!

Below is a picture of the beading on the front of my dress and the various pieces I got. I can't wait to try them on with the dress!!




No comments: