Monday, June 4, 2007

Showers Ahead!!

With my shower coming up, I decided to go look for an outfit. I already have something I can wear, but I don't feel comfortable knowing I will have to sit in front of people and be the center of attention and have lots of pictures taken in the dress I have which was a bit too tight in the wrong places and requires major Spanx usage combined with holding my breath for the whole shower (since I apparently am eating my way through engagement).

I found lots of things to try on, but unfortunately, most of them didn't fit right. I have a pretty big rack and very short torso with really long legs. Usually, an empire waist looks great on me because it hides the fact that I have no torso...but most of the stuff I tried on was too tight for the girls, or gaped open too much and threatened to release the girls at a moments notice. I finally decided on a skirt and top combination from Ann Taylor that would wear well and kept me comfortable while I sit in the spotlight.





The other good thing is that the jewelry I would have worn with the other dress I already had went nicely with this outfit so I didn't have to buy new stuff...which was good..because I generally don't accessorize :)

No comments: