Wednesday, June 27, 2007

wow what a year!

So today is my 32nd birthday. I can hardly believe all that has happened in a year. A year ago, Mr Corn and I were still having awkward conversations about our future based on the fact that he had wanted to buy a house for years and was finally in the financial situation to do so and he was focused on that rather than the future of our relationship.

As it was, we ended up looking at houses together and choosing the home we now both live in over the course of last summer. Shortly after Mr Corn moved in, he proposed to me over dinner.** It was our first non-macaroni-out-of-a-box dinner at the new house and it will forever be special to me that we shared that moment at our dining room table in our first home.


I moved in not long after the proposal and the wedding planning began. In the meantime, Mr Corn was promoted at his job, his brother got married in December and I got a really great new job in January.


What a wonderful, wonderful year it has been.


I am forever thankful for my family and friends and especially for Mr Corn and for the joy he and his family have brought into my life.


Thanks for letting me gush.


--Miss Corn



**and now for a completely gratuitous display of bling...solely for the purpose of showing it off (it's my birthday, please don't be a critic ;)


No comments: