Monday, June 4, 2007

The most beautiful dress ever…

...is unfortunately not my dress.





Lately, I have been worrying that I don't really like my wedding dress. The last time I saw it in person was December and I am starting to doubt if I really liked it. Yes, I jumped up and down and giggled when I tried it on, but for some reason I keep telling myself that maybe I only did that because I had already tried on 52 other gowns and I was just trying to get out of there.

On my original list of things I wanted for my dress I listed portrait neckline, box pleats, SLEEVES, and minimal crusty stuff. Instead, the dress I am getting is strapless, with crusty stuff, and no pleats.

For a while, I was torturing myself by looking at other gowns online and seeing if they were available on eBay. But, I stopped that madness a while ago...until yesterday, when I went to the bridal-store website to get the phone number to call and see if my dress was in yet. On the site, they had a list of designers of gowns that they sell and I was reminded that the reason I chose that store in the first place because they sold Maggie Sottero dresses which I really liked.

Before I knew what I was doing, I had clicked on the link to the Maggie Sottero website and was looking at the new dresses in the line. That's when I saw this one. It is gorgeous. It has everything I was looking for in a dress and most importantly SLEEVES!!

I know I will look wonderful in my dress, and I know I will love it once I get to try it on in my size without my underwear hanging out the back (I seriously think bridal stores totally miss the mark by not stocking dresses in big girl sizes). But in the meantime, I find myself mourning what could have been.

Have any of you ever heard of this phenomenon; where the bride has second thoughts about her dress until she gets to try it on again? Or do you think I am losing my marbles?

No comments: