Monday, June 4, 2007

Two showers are better than one!

Two showers are better than one!
Here are some pics from the shower. It was held at Brittingham's Irish Pub in Lafayette, PA (most of my family and all of my friends from college live in NJ or PA and my MOH lives in Philly and my FMIL lives in Pittsburgh so the Philly area made the most sense when we were trying to plan a get together) . It was a great time and the food was excellent!! Apparently they do wedding showers a LOT, so if you are in the Philly are and are looking for a shower venue, or a rehearsal dinner venue for that matter, you should check them out.



My mom had the chicken parmesan




I had the crab cakes...yummmmmm (in the back left of the picture you can see a glimpse of my super-cool shower favors...I will have to write about those for you because they were amazing!)


I look silly in this picture, but it is a good shot of the skirt and it shows one of my favorite shower gifts...my sister gave us two trays for breakfast-in-bed and all the items to go with it; juice, coffee, pancake mix, syrup, etc.




Another great gift idea...a friend from college gave us a basket of card games...to keep us out of trouble on rainy days ;)




The yummy cupcakes!

My one regret in having the shower in Philadelphia was that most of my friends from Boston coudn't make it. When I got back on Sunday, one of my friends called me up and invited me out for drinks with her and another friend after work on Monday night. I got to the pub and they had set up a mini-shower for just the three of us! They brought presents, a cake, special plates and napkins and even little favor jars filled with Boston Baked Beans.


Special thanks to my wonderful MOH in Philly and my very special friends here in Boston for making the weekend so special!!


Here are some pics from Monday:




No comments: