Friday, June 29, 2007

Here they are...

This morning I took my box of invitations to the 24 hour post office in Boston. I walked up to the desk and my palms were sweating and my hands were shaking. The clerk admired my stamps and the address design, put them in a tray next to her station and said she would personally hand cancel them herself. When each guest receives theirs, here is what they will experience:

The outer envelope (minus the stamps because I took this picture before I had them)



The inner envelope...Mr Corn hand addressed the inner envelopes. Notice our embossed monogram on the flap.


A close up of the monogram on the flap.


Opening up the inner envelope


The invitation


Response card, envelope and map insert on the left, invitation on the right


The back of the invitation also has our monogram embossed on it, just behind the 'Reception to Follow' text on the inside.



Close up of the response card and envelope...notice the embossed return address on the enevelope. That was also on the back flap of the outer envelopes.


Wishire Graphics Press also made us a stamp of our address so I could stamp it on the response envelopes in silver ink, instead of having to write them all out.

I can not even begin to tell you how wonderful it feels to have these out the door. I have been working on them since November!! That is when I first finalized the design and ordered the paper. The save the dates were cut from the same card stock as the pocket folders and they went out January 2, which is part of why I have been working on them for so long.


I can't wait to start getting official responses back!!

No comments: