Friday, June 1, 2007

Outer Envelopes

I have decided to include an outer envelope to my DIY invitations. The invitations, once folded, are 6" x 6" and wrapped with a 2" band of cream colored fibrous paper and a chocolate brown ribbon.

As soon as I send them out I will post pictures, but I really want to keep them secret-secret until my guests get a chance to see them.

Unfortunately, the Stardream Sapphire envelope options are limited and I would have had to decrease the size of the invitations to 4.5" x 4.5" in order to get it in both an inner and an outer envelope. So, I made an executive decision to go with a 7 x 7" Stardream Opal envelope.

I was all set to have Mr Corn address the envelopes, since I have ridiculously poor handwriting, when I woke up in the middle of the night last week and thought to myself that maybe I could get those envelopes through the printer, and maybe if I could get them through, the ink might stick and if I could do both of those things, maybe I could design** an envelope!!

I am please to say that the envelopes went right through printer and the ink dried immediately. I made them right in Word using the WordArt feature for the last names and the two different fonts that are also in our monogram. So now we have 70 perfectly addressed envelopes ready to go! Of course, the invites don't go out until July, so hopefully no one moves :)

Anyway, below are a couple of examples of what the envelopes will look like. I don't have any fancy programs on my work laptop, which is the only computer I have access to, so I usually just try to make do with whatever I can. Case in point, I had to copy and past the screen shot into Paint, so the colors are a bit off from what they actually look like, but you get the point.




**by 'design' I mean, look at a bunch of non-traditional envelopes online and try to recreate it myself with my meager options on my work computer.

No comments: