Thursday, June 21, 2007

Make-up Trial #1

I had my first make-up trial recently with Mary Dee Housley at Studio 505 in Pawtucket, RI. As I have mentioned, one of the challenges I have had in planning a wedding 90 minutes from where I live has been trying to find vendors from an area I don’t know well that can travel to the condo where we will be staying. I also work a full time job, as do many of you.

A few months ago, I started doing some research on the Knot and through Southern NE Wedding guide on different vendors that I could find near Newport to find out if they were available on my wedding date…no need in going any further if they aren’t available.

I contacted about 12 different make-up artists/salons and sent basically the same email to all of them. A few emailed to say they weren’t available; a few emailed me with some information on their rates, and one (Mary) emailed me and then called me immediately to introduce herself and find out if I had any questions.

I was immediately impressed that someone would call me so quickly to confirm that the information they had sent was what I was looking for. She talked me through all of the many, many questions I had regarding make-up and her services and how it all works and we set up a trial date. Although her prices were significantly higher than I had originally thought of spending, I was so impressed with her customer service, I booked the trial.

The trial itself was very relaxed and helpful. Mary even did my eyebrows (she hand plucks) and included it in the cost of the trial. Mary was so nice and soothing; she kept my mom and I relaxed and kept the conversation going. By the time the trial was over, I was convinced I wanted to work with her, but I still had another trial to go to the next day. Here are some pics from the trial with Mary:

Studio 505 (on the left)

Getting started


Midway through


Finished result


Out in the sun

No comments: